Freitag, 22. Juli 2016

"Ancient woods" - Necklace



This necklace was a commission with the idea that it should be green ;) Better to say it was a birthday present for one in our research group. Since green is one of my favorite colours especially in creating beads as well as jewellery I had quite a collection to select beads from.


You'll find some of my own handmade beads, made from ceramic clay as well as polymer clay.


But also a lot of art beads from others. Among them one of my favorite glass bead artist Kimberly Rogers from numinosity beads. 


As well as beads from Julia HaySue Reynolds, Michelle Susanne, Samantha Capeling (I etched the beads, hope you don't mind!) and Karen Totten.


There are also new and vintage czech glass beads, some natural materials like petrified wood and even a tiny roman glass beads that is between 1000 and 2000 years old. 


It comes together with knotted waxed linen. As different as all the beads are, they come together through the colour scheme as well as the gradient size shape. I love how it turned out. Every bead has its own story, 


Simple without being simple :)

6 Kommentare:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I love the green theme and am amazed by all the beads and their stories *_*

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. The love for "the green theme" is something we both have! :) Thank you, I also love to have a look at every single bead and all of the bigger ones are handmade by artist or myself. Handmade art beads make a piece more special for me just knowing what time, thought and love went into every single one! :)

      Löschen
  2. I love green, too but even if I didn't, I'd fall in love with this necklace! It is amazing how you have merged all the different beads for a complete look! I keep a far smaller amount of beads on my necklace tray, all of them different and constantly move them around but haven't found the perfect arrangement yet for maybe over 3 weeks :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the lovely shades of green and all the different materials you chose. Yum!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love that this filled with treasures both old and new. A beautiful monochromatic design!

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails