Sonntag, 16. März 2014

"Take it with you" - earrings



If my friends have some beads or stones or anything else they think I could work with they bring it along so I can have a look! This time a friend gave me some swarowski crystals. You have to know that these crystals were part of her table decoration during her wedding last autumn and that she celebrated her birthday yesterday together with two other friends (so rather their birthdays ^^). 

I also had in my stash these little metal beads that my sister gave me last christmas. What shall I say? The were the perfect fit for each other and I liked the idea that I could make her some earrings with the crystals she used at her wedding :)


After the patina challenge I took part in my first thought was to alter the metal a little bit. Therefor I used dark violet acrylic paint for the background and sanded the surface a tine wee bit to get more contrast. The swarowski crystals were glued in with E6000. 


I also love the back with the colour and sanded edges! It is subtle but still gives the feeling of depth you only can get with layers of colour.


For some more sparkle (look at the light reflections!) I used czech glass beads (from Rebeccas The Curois Bead Shop and the little ones are from Korea). As you may have noticed... I am attaching these metal dangle beads everywhere at the moment. They create such a nice movement! 


2 Kommentare:

  1. Such beautiful earrings! And I love them hanging on the newsprint. Beautiful and fits in with their vintage vibe!

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails