Dienstag, 18. März 2014

"Far, far away" - a kind of steampunk and overdue challenges



It is still not finished... What if I told you that this was from our january / february challenge at the german polymer clay forum I am participating (polymerclaykunst)? The topic was "Gestirne / Metall" (celestial body / metal). 

I painted my own little galaxy behind a cabochon using different nail polishes. It reflects the light just stunningly and it seems to go very deep (shades of blue and violet). I tried to catch this on the photo but it is difficult. 

The pendant I made with polymer clay (fimo classic) and coated it in swellegant bronze that was treated with darkening and the blue patina (the paint line from Chriti Friesen and I still don't know how I managed to live without it ^^). 


Coming to the next challenge topic: "Traumzauberbaum / Mosaik" (dream-madic-tree... sorry, german just allows beautiful word combination that are not translateable / mosaic).

Here is a preview of the piece I am working on for this challenge. A mosaic of leaves and wigs and flowers... here you can see the patina solutions of a copper surface.


And of course a hidden dragon fly... :) Just now need to go on with these projects...



1 Kommentar:

  1. I'm so glad I stopped by your blog. I had no idea you could do something like this with polymer clay, Amazing work

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails