Sonntag, 11. November 2012

Steampunk buttons - polymer clay



This was an order I made. Already some time ago. The person who this got wanted together with a small button some going together with scarf pins... and also a really big button for display. This is also the person who got the steampunk polymer clay box because she looked around my blog and my shop and just send me a lot of things which I could use for molds or to make my cards! Really generous, I was a little bit speechless. And because I still was I made that box as a thank you. I am better with creating things for people than with the words...


And here are a some pictures of the process of creating. Like my template for the big button so the button holes would be sitting at the right place.


By the way: Don't let your unbaked polymer clay stay in contact with paper for too long. The paper will soak up all the polymers and the leftover will be brittle...


Of course buttons... (this pictures were all made at night, the time I am working with clay)


The first layer of acrylic colours: Black...


My "Written" or my steampun version....


Some of the daylight pictures (also not perfect but you know me and my time issues ^^)



The backside, one I tried to be removeable so the pin could be used for more than one "button".




5 Kommentare:

  1. Your big button makes the most wonderful pin!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Me encantaron!! Gracias por compartir un trabajo precioso!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. They are gorgeous Claire! They look ancient and mysterious!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. These are beautiful! I love the color and how each design is unique!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails