Donnerstag, 8. November 2012

Covered in polymer clay - steampunk box



This metal box I made as a special thank you. I know I don't write too often in the last time. But this is not only a problem I have with my blog but also in real life. So my way of showing that I care is rather by creating something for the person. Better than words, at least for me :)


This is an old candy boy out of metal. Very thick and high quality metal in this case not the thin cheap ones. I covered it with polymer clay (Fimo classic), used some glas nuggets and stamped a lot of textures in the surface. Of course I also added more polymer clay on top, little balls or snake like things. 


The original colour of the clay is a dark brown. A good colour should be the basis for such a project because even thought it seems that all is now covered with acrylic colours, the basic colour always comes through! 


At first I went with black, wiping most of it away before it was all dried. Then I added several layers of other colours, like copper and bronce (all with Reeves acrylic colours). In the end I used some aqua acrylic colours (even if most stores don't have them, try to get them, they are such a great addition!) and of course I lacquered it with shiny gloss. It is intended to be useable ^^


And because I can't decide which pictures to skip... I just show you all of them! ;)





9 Kommentare:

  1. Die Box ist ja wundervoll! Total schön!!!!! Liebe Grüße Katrin

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Cool! A picture that you should have taken would have been what the candy box looked like prior to the application. The finished product is really neat!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This looks brilliant! Do you have to put the clay into the oven at all?

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Your metal box is incredible and I would absolutely call it art! I found you at the Tuesday party hosted by Our Delightful Home. You make beautiful things (art!) The French Hens are your newest followers.

    Please visit us and maybe your will join us too.

    Linda and Jeannie

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. This is Gorgeous! Wow! I just love the textures and the gems are such a beautiful addition!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Oh my! This is indeed a beauty. You did a wonderful job! We will be featuring this in the blog today.

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. It's gorgeous, I love it! Beautiful colors, and very nice details!

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails