Samstag, 11. Dezember 2010

Pink volcanic rocks?

  

The surface of the fimo beads was covered with salt before baking. After the heating the salt was just solved with water. At all the places where the salt cristalls went into the soft clay the surface now got this tiny holes! It looks in reality even better than on the pictures but even looking at them I love the effect! Okay, a little bit interesting with pink as colour chice ^^ but nevertheless: cool!


And of course: Part of the pink advent calender. :)

10 Kommentare:

  1. Wow, so cool! I love volcano beads, I have some real ones. But making your own is brilliant. They look amazing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. das ist ja mal ne Idee... sieht aus wie echt. =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. That is so cool! i've never seen this done with FIMO before. What a neat texture!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I've never tried FIMO, but you are making me want to try. These are so interesting. I love statement necklaces! Thanks for linking up to Sunday Art Therapy at Seeds on a Breeze.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Thanks :) I would just encourage you do work with fimo (or other polymer clay), you can also do a lot of embelishements for an art journalwith it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. These sound do interesting - never thought about using salt like that. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. hiya , gorgeous beads love the look and now i need to get me some fima
    tfs
    xmaggiex

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails