Dienstag, 7. September 2010

Some more stencils...!



I made some more stencils. I don't know what to do with them now. I am tempted to make some cards or to paint some fabric with them. I'll see. But I will make some more trees so I can arrange them in layers over each other.

But this time I added some critters to my growing stencil collection. All of the basics for the stencils of the critters were images from the blog of the graphics fairy.

Just print the image you want to make into a silhouette stencil. Cut it out with a sharp paper knife. And I know, i am repeating myself, but I think this is import: Don't be too acurate! And don't try to cut too small details.


See, I didn't cut out the whiskers. They are too thin and would just break if you try to cut them. If you really want to have whiskers in the end, just add them with a pen ^^


After cutting the cat out turn the paper. You will get two stencils. One stencil for the "inner" cat...


...and a second stencil for the "outer" cat.


From the bees: The drone...


...and the bee queen.
  

A dragonfly... also with reduced details. No legs, a small head... but you can see, it is definitly a dragonfly! An object can be reduced to a simple silhouette without loosing it's nature (or it's beauty!).


Everybody needs a key. There are endless projects for a key possible ^^

5 Kommentare:

  1. Also allmählich bekommst Du mich soweit, dass ich mir auch mal nen Stapel radiergummis kaufe und mich am Gummischnitzen probiere. Der Motiventwurf scheint so simpel, wenn ich das bei Dir lese...

    Einen wunderschönen Tag wünsch ich Dir :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das wäre doch cool! Mach das :) Aber diese Motive hier sind erst noch nur Papier... und ich habe mir immer noch kein Linoleum gekauft *murmel*

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. They are all wonderful!! You have such an artistic eye to think of these things, and a steady hand too! Thanks so much for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I think you should try making a collage of some type using all your stencils and see how many you can creatively use in one project. I think it would be fun to play around with the key, dragonfly, and bee!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. i love all of these stencils! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails