Sonntag, 13. September 2009

Tentacle cakes...

Whatever you can do with fimo, you can also do with marzipan! Just bigger... (and cheaper...). But to be honest I created tentacles earlier with marzipan than with fimo. I was just something I found suitable for a cake. So the first tentacle cake was a brownie. I have to apologize for the bad quality of the picture, but you know, it was only a small handy camera avaiable and as it was to be send as a birthday present there wasn't enough time to get a better camera.

The next two tentacle cakes were also for a birthday which was combined with a meeting (or something like that...). The first one is also a brownie. The second one is an apple cake with marzipan.
For the next cakes being so pale like the apple cake I think I will color the tentacles. I am not sure whether I would rather paint it with food coloring or if I just incorporate the color into the marzipan. The lats method would be easer and faster but the first one gives the possibilty for more "realistic" appearance... so... I am not sure...

2 Kommentare:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails